Tuesday, May 14, 2013

BIRAmatters - 28th BIRA - Day 2



Let me begin from the reverse! Not that I like going in the reverse gear, but sometimes the rear view is very motivating! Have you wondered why the rear view mirror is very small as compared to the front view? 

Think ... Think.... See my answer at the end of the last page!!! 

The dinner was grand and also surrounded by a wonderful atmosphere! And in this serenity, Abdelelah found a long lost friend in Engr. Yousef! Wow! Just like the grand old Indian Cinema story, Abdelelah discovered a friend from college! And we all came to know this when we heard rather strange sounds coming from the side where these two were seated! They were expression of childhood!! 

While on dinner, the ostrich was great. By the way, inspired by this restaurant a few weeks back, I went and bought some ostrich meat for my house! I was drooling in imagination! Slurp! But this mighty bird has caused frictions between me and my wife! She refuses to even look at the meat! Now I am in a mess ... what to do? But Danish Zaidi has no issues with this bird. He really dug deep into the Ostrich broth! 

Yesterdays presentations were very dynamic especially the one made by Nasir and Mehmood. They made the job of repairing a crack rather romantic!! Mustafa made his debut as a speaker and he gave his best shot even though his legs were shrieking and crying! Naeem returned to his job after a nine year hiatus! 

He spoke as fluently as before about the various aspects of the famous Bitumat Acrylic coating! Asif was good as always. Over time, he has now almost mastered the art of presentations!
Wael Naser Aldeen of Essam Kabbani is a very serious student! And mind you, Wael has had a stint in projects earlier and knows the nuances of applications! 

Bader AI Otaibi of the Royal Force was very alert when Osama was delivering his presentation! And he threw many questions also! AL Shehri Faez Ali pf the MIC AI Kharj keeps a low profile and along with Abdul Majeed, they form a great team! 

Emad Kandah is a lively young Jordanian who foxed me with his looks! And I thought that he was a Lebanese! Emad works for a very old Bitumat Supporter Rabia! Singapore is remembered as soon as Rabia's name is taken! 

The night cannot be complete if I do not express my fascination for the good old garlic! Jaleel once again shared his secret formula! Pop in a couple of garlic pearls of eating the heavy dinner at Brasia! I hope he presents me with a bottle so that I can eat with no thoughts of a bloating tummy! 

Hey! I discovered that Babatunde is a huge soccer fan! Supports Barcelona and just loves Messi mesmerizing his opponents!

No comments:

Post a Comment